Description of internship organization
This hotel is a small, cosy studio-apartment complex surrounded by tropical gardens. The colonial style combined with modern comfort, provides a pleasant and relaxing atmosphere for either business or holiday purposes. The hotel is located near the airport, so it can provide their guests the perfect start for their trip in Costa Rica.
Activities for interns
You will have the opportunity to work on a sustainable management plan for one of the business areas. The hotel experiences the advantages of operating more sustainable, and would like to obtain certain certifications for this. You can work on an advisory report and implement this as well, so the hotel will be able to obtain certifications. Furthermore, you are expected to help with the daily activities of the hotel. Examples of activities:
• Fully responsible for the Front Office: Daily work at reception, databases, reservations, answering phone calls, contact data, helping with breakfast, etc.
• Controlling the technical and maintenance departments with their daily operations.
• Advice and organizing transport for hotel clients.
• Marketing, Sales and Promotion activities.
• There is also room for personal, educative projects, sustainability programs, etc. in cooperation with the hotel.
The Dutch owner, and at the same time the well experienced Dutch hotel manager will be your supervisor during your internship.
The hotel offers room & board for free. It is necessary to speak at least basic Spanish at the start of your internship. Through On-Stage you can take an intensive Spanish course of 3 or 4 weeks to acquire the basics of the Spanish language.
Just to be clear:
On-Stage Latin America provides many internships for all kinds of study programs. Besides the available vacancies on the website, we also offer a wide range of other internships. If you have a specific request, send us an e-mail and we will do our best to help you.
Check out our Fanpage on Facebook