Nicaragua's largest tourism website is offering two internship positions in the Editorial Department. Both positions are related to providing assistance to the editorial department, which is in charge of the generation of content of the website, including texts, photos, videos, and other materials. The Editorial Department publishes information on various topics, such as: events, destinations, attractions, tourism or Nicaragua-related news, etc. This department is in charge of all content that is being published at the website.
The company offers:
· Possibility to develop skills in digital journalism and multimedia content production (texts, photo, video)
· Publishing journalistic multimedia with personal credits in a digital communication media of national and international projection
· Opportunity to create new sections or content within the portal
· Journey stipends during (press) trips and transport stipends for press conferences, events, etc.
· Pro-active, creative, and young working environment
Working hours: 8am - 5pm during 4 days per week. There are about 10 fulltime employees, divided over 3 different offices.
Activities for interns
Examples of activities:
· Set up profiles of hotels, restaurants, and other new companies listed at the website
· Research and publish information about attractions and destinations.
· Manage exposure of the website's in the social media (Facebook, Twitter, etc.)
· Respond to e-mails from visitors (in English)
· Moderate and process comments placed on the website
· Translate texts from Spanish to English
· Participate in trips to explore new destinations and gather information
· Participate in press conferences and events in Managua
· Process photos and other multimedia material
· Excellent English and good understanding of Spanish
· Excellent writing skills
· Availability to work during office hours for 4 days a week
· Availability to undertake occasional multiday trips outside Managua
· Experienced in computer and internet use
· Experience with social media
· Travel experience
· Knowledge about Nicaragua
· Experience using Ubuntu/Linux
· Photography enthusiast (amateur level)
This internship company offers flexibility with regards to the starting date and the selection of the working days (intern can select 4 weekdays that are most convenient). Unfortunately, it is not possible to provide any financial support for interns. Travel expenses during the trips are covered by the company. Internships can work at the office as well as (partially) at home.
Just to be clear:
On-Stage Latin America provides many internships for all kinds of study programs. Besides the available vacancies on the website, we also offer a wide range of other internships. If you have a specific request, send us an e-mail and we will do our best to help you.
Check out our Fanpage on Facebook